Thank you for visiting our website. Together we can fight crime.
The purpose of the Suffolk Neighbourhood Watch Association
Neighbourhood Watch is a vital and successful aid to the police. It helps in the prevention, detection and deterrence of offences while fostering community spirit and reducing the fear of crime.
Statistics show that levels of crime are less in residential areas covered by Neighbourhood Watch than in those which are not.
The Suffolk Neighbourhood Watch Association aims to:
- Raise the public perception of Neighbourhood Watch.
- Foster closer links with the Police and other partnerships.
- Strengthen Neighbourhood Watch networks and help them expand.
- Give support and training to co-ordinators where required.
- Help reduce crime and the fear of crime as well as developing community spirit.
- Initiate community projects.
- Discover and promote ‘Best Practice’ from within the county and from other Watch Associations.